Sunday, May 09, 2010

Karl Keys : his beloved Grandmother who died cls to Mothers Day

NOTE: before my day is up, I plan to make a blog in tribute to Marietta's co-founding and nurturing of The Journey of Hope...if any have items to share, plz send them to me: oneheartforpeace@gmail.com - THANX! Connie

This by Karl reminded me of our Bill's dear grandmother!

Karl Keys (longtime faithful and brilliant lawyer for many various movements within the Abolition/Moratorium Movement to end the death penalty) recently sent the following to facebook:

A week ago my grandmother died, her age was at least 86 and possibly as much as 92, records in her part of SC aren't exactly "good". Today we held her memorial services. She was eulogized with most moving rendition of "His Eye Is on the Sparrow" I've ever heard. She was a contradiction & enigma, her husband slain by a... gunman she went on to spend 35+ years in prison ministry. [more in comments]

A "not so good" video capturing her last Thanksgiving grace is at here

No comments: