Wednesday, May 12, 2010

TEXAS/ROME Another Person Was Just Executed in Texas

A protest took place against Kevin Varga's execution and the death penalty in Rome in front of the Colosseum.

This journal has published the recent journal entries from Kevin Varga and just announced that Kevin has been executed. The administrator plans to publish more of Kevin's journal entries in the future - GO here (You may need to click twice?) Minutes Before Six consists of publicly viewable portions of the private journal of Texas Death Row inmate Thomas B Whitaker.

Here is Kevin Varga's last entry published:
Saturday, April 24, 2010
Death Watch Journal for Kevin Varga - DAY 73
I feel as if I am attempting to hold back the tide with my body/ No matter how I strain I will never hold back the passage of time. Each day continues to pass bringing me that much closer to the death chamber. I think of nothing else these days. I attempt to read or write but the thoughts of that date creep into my mind like a thief, and this thief is out to steal my very life.

Most of the people around me have taken my execution as a foregone conclusion. This type of thinking can really start to wear on a person. I cannot stop the tide, but maybe I can dam it slightly. Eventually the tide will tear away any dam that I am able to erect, but if built strongly enough, I can hold back that tide for just a little longer.

Nothing in life is as implacable as death, but that doesn’t mean that we run headlong into the arms of death. Howe can I turn death’s gaze away from me? My every though revolves around my impending death. If I could hold back that tide I would, I can only hope that by some miracle the tide is turned.

18 days to live.

Kevin Varga 999368
Polunsky Unit
3872 FM 350 South
Livingston, TX 77351

© Copyright 2010 by Kevin Varga and Thomas Bartlett Whitaker. All rights reserved.
Posted by Tracey at 1:02 AM See 6 comments
Labels: Deathwatch Journal

Here is one of the Comments: A.Padar said...

I have no idea about your case, why you are awaiting execution or if your are wrongly convicted or not, all this does not matter for me... as state execution is murder done by state, strangly ironic when its done because an individual was accused to have done the same. So i hope the tide will turn for you as i see your situation as general injust. Also ironic that America, which is such religious (how about forgiving??) and sees itself as the moral center point of the world, is one of the countries which executes its citizens. Luckily we have given up this barbaric tradition in europe a long time ago. I wish you all the best and hope it will not come to the worse. If it comes to that keep in mind, we ALL meet on the other side.

1 comment:

CN said...

Note that you also can leave a comment today or whenever you get to that Minustes Before Six site linked above. Please do and/or leave one here.