Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Help Corpus Christi City Council, Texas

Please go to this website and register your "substance" view on the death penalty in Texas on Jim Lago's poll. I did not hear the program, but it was most critical and scathing from what I hear from others...please put this in search engine...

1360 Lago News Radio KKTX Corpus Christi

Below is the lead into the poll: Remember the group that came before City Council to get a resolution passed condemning the War? Well, Yesterday a new group surfaced, they want Council to pass a resolution condemning the Death Penalty. Several wanted it to extend to the entire Nation. Others were content with just a State condemnation...

Quite a few people got up and spoke. And, two council members patted them on the back and told them they were right.

Am I the only person in the room who thinks this is another one of those symbolism over substance issues that some members of council just love to warm their feet in?
I know if I were the Governor, in some back room of the Capitol building getting the gray in my hair covered up and getting it blown dry just right, why I'd be shaking in my boots if one of my aides brought me the news that the Corpus Christi City Council and a few well meaning citizens were condemning the death penalty.

The resolution may be read there:
http://www.tcadp.org/uploads/File/corpus%20moratorium%20resolution.doc

Please also visit the website of the Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty

No comments: