Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Some numbers about the German Journey of Hope tour
During the German Journey of Hope tour we had 32 events in 18 days.
Alltogether there were about 4850 spectators (a very cautious estimate – it was probably a few hundred more) at the events.
Plus about 1.9 Million people watched Ray and heard his story at the Kerner Show on TV.
During the tour we had up to 7 petitions with us at times. Taken all of the petitons together, we collected about 7900 signatures. These signatures are on the petitions as follows:
- "FROM THE MORATORIUM TO THE ABOLITION OF THE DEATH PENALTY APPEAL" (http://www.santegidio.org/en/pdm/app_en.rtf) - 1320 signatures
- Petition für Justin Wolfe "Don't let an innocent man die!" (http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/do-not-let-an-innocent-man-die) - 2720 signatures
- Petition against stoning " (http://www.igfm.de/Steinigung-weltweit-aechten.189.0.html) - 1050 signatures
- Petition for a moratorium in Saudi-Arabia (Amnesty) - 102 signatures
- Petition for abolition of the death penalty in Balarus (Amnesty) - 579 signatures
- Petition for Troy Davis (Amnesty USA) - ca. 1700 signatures
- Petition for abolition of the death penalty in Texas (http://www.tcadp.org/uploads/File/AbolitionPetition-mvfm.pdf) - 433 signatures
There are still people over here collecting signatures for Justin.
During the tour 2 documentaries were filmed, one of them is finished already (see earlier post).
Bill found about 100 new friends on facebook and some of these already helped with petitions and joined causes which have to do with abolition of the death penalty.
A number of people addressed us and told us that listening to Ray’s, Bill’s and Terri’s story got them to think about their position on the death penalty or even changed their views on the death penalty.
So taken everything together this tour was a big success and talking from our experience over here, I can only recommend to every group to invite the speakers of the Journey of Hope to their community!