Monday, November 26, 2012

Rais Bhuyan: Journey of Hope Profile

here

Rais Bhuiyan

Rais was shot in the face by Mark Stroman, who was on killing spree after 9/11 due to a vision of he was seeking revenge. When Stroman was facing an execution date Rais helped collecting signatures on a petition asking the Texas Board of Pardons and Paroles to commute Stroman's sentece into life in prison without parole.
Facts

Journey Board member since 2011

Find links to the following:

Rais story at Execution Chronicles

A victim of 9/11 hate crime now fights for his attacker's life

The Hated and the Hater, Both Touched by Crime
Quotes

I was raised very well by my parents and teachers. They raised me with good morals and strong faith. They taught me to put yourself in others' shoes. Even if they hurt you, don't take revenge. Forgive them. Move on. It will bring something good to you and them. My Islamic faith teaches me this too. He said he did this as an act of war and a lot of Americans wanted to do it but he had the courage to do it -- to shoot Muslims. After it happened I was just simply struggling to survive in this country. I decided that forgiveness was not enough. That what he did was out of ignorance. I decided I had to do something to save this person's life. That killing someone in Dallas is not an answer for what happened on Sept. 11.

To click on the above links, simply GO here

Thanx for coming by...

No comments: