Saturday, August 30, 2008

In memory of Rachel

Do Not Stand at My Grave and Weep
by Mary Elizabeth Frye

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.
(Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there, I did not die!)

1 comment:

CN said...

I just wanted to be sure to give credit here to Susanne, my co-blogger who put together the amazing photo display, chose and placed here this beautiful poem!
I merely "switched around" the two photo blocks so my name shows instead of hers.

Keep reading for some mighty touching words and expressions in honor of our recently departed abolition and Journey family member...

Thanks for tuning in,
Connie