Thursday, October 27, 2011

Comments to articles about Rais Bhuiyan's forgiveness of would-be killer

Comments to almost all the media stories on Rais' heroic and thorough effort to save his attacker's life show positive amazement at such a stance. So I've included here just a sample...

I am absolutely in awe of this gentleman. According to Colorlines, Stroman is a white supremacist with a long history of crimes. Apparently, he broke down when he heard that Bhuiyan is trying to save him and said, “This is the first act of kindness that I’ve ever known." This is true faith in action. God bless Mr. Bhuiyan, his family and Waqar Hasan’s family, who also support saving Stroman and who publicly support Rais Bhuiman's efforts.
==
Mr.Bhuiyan is showing the world the peaceful side of Islam. Something which many people refuse to admit exists.
==
I'm a Humanist, but was reared as a Christian, and my parents taught me over and over again that forgiveness was imperative, that revenge was not the way. I wasn't sure in the beginning how I felt about what Rais wanted for Mark Stroman, but I'm certain now. Rais is absolutely correct.
==
I wish Mr Bhuiyan all the best in his health and I do agree that executing his assailant will solve nothing. Better still, do away with the death penalty completely.
==
The ability to forgive is a necessary part of society, if we never forgave anyone for their actions society would surly never have existed.
==
As-salamualikum Brother Rias. I just heard this news very first time tonight’s National (News). I am very impressed to know that you wanted to save the life of someone who want to kill you. My thoughts and prayers will be with you. I wish I could be there in Dallas and participate with you and be a part of saving someone ‘life’, what is precious gift from God.
==
As-salamualikum Brother Rias. I just heard this news very first time tonight’s National (News). I am very impressed to know that you wanted to save the life of someone who want to kill you. My thoughts and prayers will be with you. I wish I could be there in Dallas and participate with you and be a part of saving someone ‘life’, what is precious gift from God.
==

No comments: